Storage and Insurance
It is not always feasible to have a private temperature and humidity controlled cellar in the home. Storing wines purchased for investment ‘in bond’ is crucial in guaranteeing the condition and provenance when you chose to re-enter your wines in to the market. We similarly recommend that all wines not for immediate drinking are stored in our facilities to ensure they mature in optimum conditions as they approach their drinking window.
GVWM stores all wines at EHD. The underground storage vault at EHD comprises of one of the UK’s largest surviving WW2 air raid shelters and is situated at Brooklands, Weybridge, in Surrey. This subterranean facility provides the ideal conditions for storing wine at an even temperature and optimal humidity.
- Each case of wine is allocated a unique stock and storage number for identification and proof of title.
- Rotation numbers are assigned when a case of wine has been paid for.
- Ownership is transferred to you and your Private Reserve account automatically activated.
- Your wine is safely ring fenced and held under your name independently, exposing a clear audit trail to you away from our own inventory.
- Wines are insured at full replacement value
Wines ordered will be held at EHD Bond No. 1 for a period of one month from the receipt of payment of invoices in full, (with the exception of wines purchased En Primeur). After this period (and as of 1st July 2014) the wines ordered will be cellared at a charge of £12.50 + VAT per case per year (subject to change). These charges are payable 6 monthly in advance, with invoices issued in August and February.
These charges include insurance provided by EHD. The wine stored by GVWM at these bonded warehouses is covered by the insurance policy at the full replacement value.